They say that all good things must come to an end. My time, as the caretaker of the ’37 came to an end today. For lack of a better post, here’s kind of a summary of the advertisement that I ran on Craigslist.
(beginning of ad)
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Don’t call asking to test drive, unless you are ready to make a deal.
I bought this ’37 Sedan, mostly as is, May 5, 2011, to be my hot rod daily driver. Odometer read 1,492 miles, at the first gas station, before driving it from Albuquerque, NM, to Springfield, MO. As of this posting, the current odometer reading is 12,568. Very traditional street rod.
Since moving to MO, the car has been to Jefferson City, St Louis, Boonville, Batesville, AR, Lake Charles, LA, Gibsland, LA, and more.
- Need to make room for other projects!
- Color: 30 year old silver paint
- Black Velour Tuck and Roll upholstery
- Stock Instruments, steering column and steering wheel
- 1997 GMC Vortec 350, factory fuel injection
- Turbo 400 automatic transmission
- 8 Inch Ford with 2.79:1 highway gears
- TCI Parallel Leaf Spring Rear Suspension
- Front disc brakes
- 4 inch dropped front axle
- All the chicks dig it!
To answer some “basic” questions…
- No. It doesn’t have air conditioning.
- Yes, it does have a working heater in it.
- The windows use stock mechanisms. Yes…You do have to hand crank them.
- There is no cruise control, other than self control.
- Even though there are two antennas, the only stereo is the dual exhaust.
- Front tires were new this summer.
- Rear tires are dated 2005, I believe.
- And yes…All the chicks do dig it!
Tucumcari, NM – May 5, 2011
Blue Swallow Motel, Tucumcari, NM
Fresh bath and pinstripes
Bagnal Dam, Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Mark Martin Ford, Batesville, AR
New Melle, MO
Devil’s Elbow, MO
Bonnie and Clyde Ambush Site, Gibsland, LA
Underground Data Center, Somewhere Secret, MO
(end of ad)
Anyway…I hope that the new owner, Jim, has at least half the fun with it that I have had over the past 9 months. It has been a blast to have the old car as my daily driver. I can honestly say that for the past 9 months, the FUN has definitely been in the RUN!!!
The FUN is in the RUN!!!