Doug’s out of town and my box of goodies showed up from Mac’s Antique Auto Parts. Couldn’t resist going down and working on the truck some last night. I wish I could say that I got more done, but sometimes simple projects take forever.
- New Fuel Line from tank to fuel pump
- New Fuel Pump
- Installed Front Wheel Cylinders
- Poured gas into carb and made it run for a little bit
- Took some additional measurements regarding tire sizes/spring de-arching
- Dropped by the powder coater and chose the color for the wheels
- Ran down my battery and didn’t have a 6 volt charger.
Now stuff for the next couple of days
- Drop “front” wheels off to the powder coater
- Adjust front brakes
- Change fuel filler neck connecting hose
- Swap front spring
- Hope that the new hub puller that I ordered arrives before the weekend
- Get a battery charger
- See if I can make it run longer than 15 seconds at a time.
I may have to rebuild the carburetor to make that happen and I should probably pull the gas tank and have it boiled, then seal it.
Here’s a couple of pictures of one of the “helper springs” on the rear axle. They are parallel and have contact bumpers on the frame rails. Most of the old car guys that I know had never seen these before.
Hopefully, when Doug gets back, we can figure out what the situation is with the fuel delivery. It’s pulling fuel up from the tank, but I can’t see into the carb to see if it’s spraying when the accelerator lever is moved on it.
Getting excited about getting it going!
The FUN is in the RUN!!!